-->

Muxía, northwestern Spain, new motorhome stopover

Muxía joins the network of stopovers “aires” in Galicia (autonomous region in the northwest of Spain). This location is also in the Way of St. James (in Spanish, Camino de Santiago). 


More than 90 motorhomes and about 200 people gathered in Muxía.

The town of Muxía (Galicia), in the area known as "Costa da Morte" (Death Coast), celebrated the new stopover, “aire”, located in the northwest of Spain. 
The stopover can be found at the entrance of the village, next to the beach and great hiking areas. It has the essential services, potable water, emptying gray water and chemical toilette, free of charge.

Muxía has the Sanctuary of the "Virgen de la Barca". Founded in the Middle Ages at the initiative of the monks of Moraime.

The present building is baroque architecture and dates from 1719. The image of the Virgin is a Gothic sculpture of the fourteenth century. In its vicinity is the famous stone “Pedra de Abalar” (oscillating Stone or rocking stone). It is a large stone that is balanced on a point, so that it can be moved back and forth easily, or even wiggle in response to the wind.

The Sanctuary suffered a spectacular fire on December 25, 2013, destroying the main altar, a valuable Baroque work of the sculptor Miguel de Romay.

The population is a great place to spend a few days, there are good bars and nice entertainment at very affordable restaurants.